Re: The game without the Rock; Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Magic Bus

Greg, Mark, re

I'm probably not the best one to talk about which albums/CD's/cassettes
various versions of songs are on, but I believe I can help with the
following;

> > Magic Bus is available from CDNow, with the release date of
> > September 10th, 2002.

This is still available in the UK as a Canadian import and I assume, in
America as an import.

> > I wonder if it was released in conjunction with the stereo A Quick
> > One.

This however is still not available in the UK, unless you take a chance
on amazon which dodn't work for me - they sent me the "old" version (now
returned, of course).

> > Rarities was released on CD with both LPs on it, and for the record
> > the version of Dr. Jekyll on that one is a bit longer than the one
> > on the original Magic Bus (at least; haven't heard the new one).

There is a Japanese version of rarities on CD available - POCP 2350
which I bought recently. This is both UK albums put onto one CD and it
does have the longer Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde on it. It may be quite pricey
though.

While on the subject of odd little tracks scattered about, the Who
Collection has the long stereo - well I assume it is real stereo not
processed - Magic Bus on it. I was only able to get this on cassette,
but....

Greg, re

> > I would be most interested if this version IS remastered or not.
> > Also, whether or not, if they used the 'better' stereo version of MB
> > that is on the vinyl.

Well I doubt very much if rarities is remastered, and yes, as above,
there is a long stereo version of Magic bus available.

Incidentally, the Canadian CD of Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy shows Magic
Bus as the long stereo version, but sadly it is only the "normal" short
stereo Magic Bus. It does however have a different take of I'm a boy.

Cheers,

John