Re: 2000 tour vs 2002 tour

>Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:07:28 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>
>I can't say that. I'm angry with him, because he did it to himself and I'm
>having a hard time forgiving him for it. Such sheer talent, wasted,
>destroyed, and pointlessly.

I'm more inclined to feel sorry for the lack of self-esteem that drove him
to make those choices, over and over until they got him.

The other factor I wonder about is the one Tony Fletcher wrote about Keith
-- that Keith felt he was on a track he couldn't get off...he had become
the "Keith Moon" character he himself invented and couldn't stop being it.
I wonder whether John too had a persona that he couldn't abandon, which
included satisfying one's desires (be it loud music, cigarettes and other
drugs, or sex) without worrying about the consequences.

Cheers,

Alan
R. I. P. Ox
John Entwistle 1944 - 2002