Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #152

if she's so upset with the industry, why don't she just quit? stick to her stupid acting career or somethin. or better yet, like, READ the contract before you sign it. stupid ol' drug addict whore. ; )
I think part of her complaint is the lack of leverage that artists have. They're no way to get a better contract.

Here's an interesting post from alt.music.who that suggests artist may get about a third of ticket prices. In most cases, I'd figure less, because The Stones are considered to be very business-oriented, and you'd expect them to cut a good deal.

I don't know how much of each ticket price actually goes to the Who, I can only make a guess based on informed reports published about the Stones, who get about a third of the ticket price and merchandising sales from their tours. So when we complain about those steep ticket prices, let's keep in mind that two-thrids of the money goes to companies like Clear Channel (and everyone they pay, like arena owners etc.) and Ticketmaster.

keets