Re: Who's Missing & Two's Missing

>Yeah...that's what it costs for them to make a profit. No money, no label,
>no bands, no nothing for you. On the other hand, the more money the labels
>make the more chances they'll take with new artists. Don't you find that
>desirable?

One of the recent complaints about the system is that they're NOT taking
much in the way of chances on new artists.  They're putting all the
development money into Ms. Britney's career and killing off their new young
talent with lack of support.

>You're forgetting that they own the music. They have not stifled any
>innovation or competition that delievers music THEY DON'T OWN. Big
>difference there, pal. They never did a thing about downloads until the
>music they own was stolen.

I think an important question is whether they SHOULD own the music.  We're
looking at the opportunity for a complete overhaul of the system here.  Many
artist back in the days when recording was just getting off the ground
refused to be recorded because they didn't want to lose control of their
music.  Somewhere along the line, artists lost sight of the possiblity that
they could be successful in any other way than through a record company.
Getting signed seems to be the only goal of a young band coming up, but they
don't realize the sacrifice that it entails.  Record companies are getting
more and more cutthroat with their tactics.

> >Nah.  She's showing signs of being in for the long haul.
>
>Her CDs aren't selling in my store anymore. That's all I can tell you.

I don't thing cds is what she's selling.  ;)

keets