pete's radio interview

I read some more about pete's interview on another list, and I must say I'm
baffled.  This is mainly due to his remarks about adding a guitarist (simon,
i assume) so they can play some more complex songs, such as LROM, ICSFM, and
some of Tommy.  I am happy that they may bring back LROM, SFM, and more
Tommy, but why on earth would they need an extra guitar for any Tommy
material??  What made Tommy so incredible was the raw live performances with
the original 4-piece " 'orrible 'oo."  Now they have Rabbit on keyboards, why
the hell would they need another guitar for ANY tommy song?  Has Pete
listened to the LAL tommy lately?  How bout IOW?  anything wrong with those
performances?  For that matter, i don't see why LROM needs another guitar.  I
am getting increasingly worried that ST is going to play a lot more than it
seems most of us want.  I want to see Pete laying it all on the line a la
RAH2000 and CFNYC.  When the guests played at RAH2000, he was naturally more
subdued.  Who wants a subdued PT??  He was incredible when it was just the
Who.  I don't suppose I should question the greatest rock genius of all time,
but I'm worried nonetheless.  Anyone share my concern?

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971