Re: Hi Heel Sneakers...

> I was watching Quadrophenia last night & it got me to thinking about
> something again - does anyone know anything about the band The Cross
> Sections, who perform the song "Hi Heel Sneakers" on the soundtrack.  Were
> they a current band at the time they filmed Quad (the band shown in the
> movie playing the song)?  Or were they a Mod band from the 60s?

I can help out a little here.  The band in question was a current band at the
time ('78-'79).  On the album PETE TOWNSHEND & ROGER DALTREY
TALK ABOUT THE SOUNDTRACK TO QUADROPHENIA, Roger says
they auditioned a bunch of local, small-time bands for the part in the film.  He
says they were looking for a band with an innocent look about them.  He goes
on to say that this was difficult because, compared to kids in the early to mid-
60's, most kids in the late 70's did not have that innocent, naive look.

- SCHRADE in Akron