Moon Reference On T.V.'s Gilmore Girls

There was a nice reference to Keith Moon on the WB's Gilmore Girls T.V. show
last Tuesday night.  That show often drops rock music references in the dialogue.

One of the secondary characters, a high school girl named Lane, decided to buy
a drumset after a new music store opened up in town.  Her mother is extremely
strict & when her best friend asked her where & when she was going to be able
to practice, she replied something to the effect of, "I don't care.  I *want* this
drumset.  I'm Keith Moon.  I'm Neal Peart.  I'm Rick Allen with both arms...."

The reference to Def Lepard's drummer was kinda questionable but after dropping
references in the past to such artists as The Clash, Lou Reed, Sinead O'Connor,
Siouxie & the Banshees, it was nice to finally hear a Who reference on this show.

- SCHRADE in Akron