Re: Death (non Who)

on 07-05-2002 19:22, John Hughes at john@pureneasy.fsnet.co.uk wrote:

> Lela,
>
>>> I was very sorry to hear that on the news here, Lars. I hope the
>>> police find the murderer soon.
>
> the murderer has apparently been caught.
>
> What Fox hasn't told you is that Pim Fortuyn is a far right politician
> who was most likely murdered because of his extreme views on immigrants,
> especially Islamic, in the Netherlands, which can be summed up in the
> words "we don't like them and we don't want them and if my party gets
> its way we'll get rid of them".

I havent told you because that aint an issue. There is freedom of press and
speech over here. Anyone can say what he wants. Thats how we battle
eachother: words, not bullets. And what you forget to mention is that he
might have gotten more than 20% of the votes next week. Not bad for a
newbie, who was gay also. (What you also forgot to mention was that he was a
professor and had done research on the islam on which he based his
opinions.)

I didnt agree with him, but what he meant is that he didnt want any *new*
immigrants and let the rest of Europe take its responsibility. FYI: I think
most of the Dutch feel that way (not me though); he was just the only one to
say it

> He is an example of the wave of extreme far right groups to have emerged
> in Europe recently with similar views to Jean Marie Le Pen's National
> Front party in France which openly espouses hatred of Jews and
> immigrants.

No, he wasn't, we had all that 10 years ago and it was far worse than Le Pen
(Janmaat was his name, bloody Nazi's they were). Also he was representing a
whole group of people, dont forget that. Get properly informed before you
judge.

> Bjorn, for likening the death of a man suspected by many to be as racist
> and extreme as Jean Marie le Pen to the death of thousands on September
> 11th, sorry but you're an ass.

It may sound absurd, but we (dutch citizens) are in the same shock as last
year. Killing a could-be-president is really an attack against democracy.
Again your judging without being well informed. If you dont understand
something, ask!!! Nothing wrong with asking.

> John

Best, Lars