Re: CREEM

> >  CREEM magazine is coming back, does that mean rock 'n' roll's star is
>rising again?
>
>It all depends what they cover.There are some good up and coming bands but
>they get lost in that alternative/rap/metal crap such as
>POD,Sevendust,Linkin Park,Staind,Disturbed,Korn and Limp Bizkit....all
>f*cking garbage with no charactor. I like a new band called EchoBrain,but I
>don't think they'll see the light of
>day because they like to play actual chords and riffs.

It's hard to say from their website.  Most of the bands you've named here
look dated to me.  I admit to being out of touch--is Staind the newest?  The
most recent trend seems to be chill music, groove and somewhat tribal
sounding drums.

>There's always something new to say,especially in these times,but screaming
>into a microphone....Huuuuuhhaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Like these
>Rap/metal bands do today isn't saying anything at all except,it's a sound
>that instigates violent behavior,like stage diving,crowd surfing,slam
>dancing,but there's no meaning in the words,just a lot of screaming and one
>word repeated over and over,no message to the kids today on the state of
>the world etc.We have enough violence in the world as it is
>already,therefore,rock n'roll has to now do the opposite.

Hmmm.  Do you think it's time for soft rock to make a reappearance?  I guess
it's never really gone away, but it's certainly not had the popularity of
the more violent rock in recent years.

>It could still be aggressive in a way but not dark and violent in which
>just about all of it is right now.The Who have said there piece,It's not up
>to them anymore,for the kids anyway.However,there seems to be alot of
>younger kids discovering the Who's music today,but they can get there
>history lesson from Quadrophenia,Who By Numbers etc,.....

I think Pete/The Who hit on some pretty timeless themes that still speak to
kids.  They might start off thinking they're going to get a history lesson,
but then the songs turn out to strike deeper than they expect.

The Who's older fans are expecting The Who to give them some insight now,
but I was surprised by the themes that Pete brought up during the last
tour--he seemed to successfully touch on the relations between generations.
He only spoke from one side when he was young, but he can give voice to both
parents and kids viewpoints now.

>Pete and the boys are the parents,and there children are
grown and have long since moved out of the house.

Maybe they'll have something to say to their grandkids.

;)
keets