Re: Beatles/Who

In a message dated 05/06/2002 8:55:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Ask him if he were to go and see them both  live, who would be the best?
>
> We also have Pete Townshend.  Match that.
>
> Jon in Mi.

These are great points, but I want to be armed with stuff that will leave him
speechless, especially in regard to what major contributions the Who made to
rock and roll.  He will have the obvious advantage of the Beatles trememndous
commercial success, so I want to be ready with a bunch of major innovations,
etc that the Who made.  My friend is only 19, so the live argument is sort of
lost on him.  A while back, someone here put a great list of musical
innovations pioneered by the Who.  If that person is reading this, I would
greatly appreciate you either re-posing it or e-mailing it to me.  Thanks.

mc