RE: QuadropheniaFrontRowBoots

>From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
>Subject: A Quadrophenic Essay (was "Quadrophenia and pete)
>
>I cannot add to AEB's eloquent ode to Quadrophenia, but I'll append an
>anecdote just because I want to...hope you enjoy it...
> <snip>
>When Side 4 was over, I knew I had a lot to
>learn about it still, but I went out and bought my own copy, and took
>another step on the journey to being one of the 75% who think it's The
>Who's top album.

'Cause I too like to share.......

I was thrown out of my house.
My Girlfriend and I had broken up.
I was alone and had no direction, and was getting sucked deeper and deeper
into depression by the depressing sounds of Pink Floyd The Wall.
My best friend Stu handed me Quadrophenia like a prescription.  I can
remember the day clearly and his words....."here, listen to this".  I can
see the CD hitting my hand, and remember thinking that the black cover was
kind of strange.
When I listened, it felt like all the pieces of the puzzle came together.  I
wasn't some sort of freak.  I wasn't alone.
That's when my deep Who interest turned into a loyal devotion.

>From: The Real Me <emerald.eyes@rcn.com>
>Subject: Re: Roger on TV
>Leslie

Nice new handle!!!!

>From: "Ligouri, George P." <GLigouri@oxhp.com>
>Subject: FRONT ROW BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>What a morning!!!!
>Got thru ticketmaster at 9:00 this morning and pulled a single in sec 103
>row A. THAT'S FRONT ROW CENTER!

Dog!!!!!
So, you and the wife are not sitting together??
Ah, a true and understanding Who-fan wife.

>From: AnEnglishBoy <campbell@fix.net>
>Subject: Re: A Quadrophenic Essay (was "Quadrophenia and pete)
>
>Sadly, for me, I passed on the "Quadrophenia 1996/97 Tour"
>shows because, at the time, I did not care for what I'd heard
>of Zak's drumming.
>I now know, how badly I fucked up.  <sigh>

Ouch.
I trust you have since obtained audio and video boots.

Kevin in VT