Re: Roger on TV

On Wed, 01 May 2002 14:09:23 +0000, "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The last one was .COM FOR MURDER.  Somebody has seen it, maybe at a film
>festival, as there a (bad) review at the imdb on it.  There's no sign of a
>general screening or a video release yet.

Wow. It must be *really* hideous if it's not even coming out in video!

>Roger said it was extremely
>brief, and that the good thing about it was that he got to kiss Natassja
>Kinski.

He definitely is NOT calming down as he gets older. :-D

>I think Roger pretty much takes what he's offered for the movie roles,  just
>to keep working.  Definitely he could have managed his acting career better
>(for a well-managed career check out Keanu Reeves), but I've heard older
>actors say they don't know how anybody really gets started in the business
>anymore because of the lack of opportunity.  On the one hand, Roger is doing
>very well in TV these days, just because he's working.  Defintely he should
>try for better quality movies, though.  Finding the roles is about knowing
>people as much as having a good agent.
>
>keets

I would think that being the lead singer of the Who -- and having some
good roles in decent films under his belt -- would definitely put him
in a position to know the right people for that.

He's got some acting talent (not on the level of, say, Pacino, but
he's definitely good), charisma and high name recognition. That should
open lots of doors for him.

But I think that much like with his solo music career, he has a knack
for picking lots of crap and not enough worthy material, IMO.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org