"The American Embassy" Who connection

Michael Cerveris, who originated the role of Tommy on Broadway, is a
regular member of the FOX network's series "The American Embassy",
showing Mondays at 9:00 EST.  He plays a transvestite rock star who
lives across the hall from the series' heroine.

Coincidentally (or not), he played a transsexual rock star in Hedwig
and the Angry Inch, the show he did on Broadway after Tommy.

Michael recently wrote re: American Embassy:

>FOX has been pretty noncomittal and hasn't publicized it much
>so far and seemed on the brink of dropping it already, and yet it's had a
>small but consistent viewership  for its  first two episodes.  More
>importantly, they've noticed that the show's website has been getting
>positive feedback.  Apparently this is a significant thing in these modern
>cyberdays.
>
>If you feel so inclined, write a quick email to the address below
>saying (or lying, as the case may be)that you've really enjoyed the show,
>love that it's actually shot in London (we don't want it moved to Winnipeg or
>something), and that Michael Cerveris, who plays Gary is fantastic and should
>be given more to do.  Well, OK, you can leave off the last bit.  But
>seriously, if you feel like it, drop FOX a line and help us keep what could
>be a decent show afloat.  Remember, you'll be helping to keep food in my
>dog's bowl...
>
>she thanks you already
>
>email support to:
>
>askfox@foxinc.com