Re: female lead singers (plus, another underrated band)

ok, here's my list of the 5 great female rock singers:

1. Janis Joplin/melissa etheridge (same great power)
2. courtney love (her rebellious nature often overshadows her music which, I
think, is great stuff)
3. chrissie hynde (her voice is unmistakable)
4. sinead o' connor/madonna (I know, odd choices, but I think they're both
very underrated singers. people concentrate too much on controversey)
5. deborah harry (sweet and angelic)

ok, you're all probably gonna hate me for saying this, but, in my opinion,
the most underrated band ever:   the dave clark five. soulful lead singer and
keyboardist, bouncy rhythm section, powerful sax, (all this and you don't
even hear the guitars!)  i heard they had more american top 10 hits than the
beach boys, the supremes, and the four seasons, yet they never seemed to have
gotten their due.   shame.