Simon Says....

SCHRADE wrote at: Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:05:51 -0500

>Oh, how the hell would I know?  I don't have dinner with these
>people.  I'm just an obssessed fan who's forced to make risky
>assumptions sometimes.

>I'm sure Pete would want to have ED's OK - that would only be fair.
>But as for Daltrey suggesting the idea of Simon T. playing on the tour....
>what are the odds on that?

I'd be willing to bet that this is how it went down.

Roger:  Hey Pete, how are the new songs coming along?
Pete:   What new songs?
Roger:  You know, the ones for our new album?

Pete:   Oh, you mean the album you insist we make.  That one, umm...
		I have about 1000 pieces of music, but no songs that I
		feel are suitable for The Who.
Roger:  We have a major tour coming up, and our momentum has picked up
	 	substantially.  Bloody hello, we even doubled our ticket
		prices from 2000 in Camden, and fans are gobbling them up.

Pete:   Umm...  Okay,  I know what we can do.  How about we do early
		material, and more complex songs?  You know, like "I can see
		for miles", "The Seeker", "How many friends...", You know?
Roger:  I suppose that's okay as long as it is viewed as fresh.  But you
		yourself said that that with "ICSFM" alone, we have like
		six or more musical voices that we can't pull off with the
		five of us....
Pete:	 What about bringing my brother Simon along?  He can sing, play
		guitar, and knows all the songs already.  Plus he takes
		the heat off of me, and protects the tour against me
		injuring my wrist again like what happened in Atlanta in 2000.
Roger:  Okay, as long as I can keep singing with The Who.   Don't be
		bringing Peter Hope-Evans in or Neil Sidwell and that brass
		section though.

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.