tom petty

In a message dated 03/28/2002 8:55:28 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 06:07:04 -0500
> From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
> Subject: best guitarist
>
> Tom Petty (maybe my judgement is clouded by my personal preference, but a
> unique tone with pretty good technical skill).

I am largely in agreement.  TP and heartbreakers are my second fav band.
And, yes, he's a great guitarist, also.  I think sometimes his voice is so
unique and recognizeable that his guitar work is overlooked.  His playing is
also very versatile, i've found.  TP does light and hard equally well.  If
you don't have it already, there are some great TP tunes from the "She's the
One" soundtrack.  "Zero from Outer Space" is pretty damn awesome.

Mc