Re: 10 Greatest Guitarists/Vocalists & Why

AEB:

Generally a good list - but what about...? (in no particular order)
(I generally resist the urge - but this is fun!)

Stevie Ray Vaughan (who clapton absolutely feared)
Jimi Hendrix (who took what pete/A King started and went to another planet)
Duane Allman (Lowell was great, but Duane was "it")
John McLaughlin (jazz, rock, classical, speed, blues, raga - you name it, he
does it - all together)
John Goodsall (a wildcard if there ever was one)
Pete T. (makes it look easy - or nasty)
Robert Johnson (helped define the blues)
Adrian Belew (more sounds than a guitar should make)
Albert King/ Albert Collins (sue me - can't decide)
Jeff Beck (HUGE hands)

and then...there's always -
B.B. (greatness)
Page (only in a studio, though)
Al DiMeola (too fast, but what the hell)
Santana (a true melting-pot guitarist)
Joni Mitchell (seriously - check out Hejira onward)
Robert Fripp (control Freak)
Frank Zappa (Weasels ripped his strat!)

No singers...(but you'll notice that most of the guitarists are good singers,
too)

adios
wm