RE: The Who and Zappa and fave Who songs / ENGLISH speech

Well, thanks to the following for joining in:

From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: The Who and Zappa and fave Who songs

Nigel,
Okie doke (that's a crude Americanism for OK).

*Current* fave Who songs:
I'm One
Naked Eye
WGFA
Heaven and Hell
Amazing Journey/Sparks
YMB
My Wife

Artists in my CD player now:
Root Boy Slim
Radiohead
Jimmie Vaughan
The Strokes
Coldplay

Other artists that I've been obsessed with in the past, though none have
approached Who obsession level:
Kiss (pre-Who)
Doors (pre-Who)
Stevie Ray Vaughan (post Who)
Buddy Guy (post SRV)
The Clash
Crack the Sky
Clapton
Hendrix

Jeff ........ Well, an interesting selection.  Can't say that The Strokes
have done anything for me.  I saw them at Leeds Festival at the end of the
summer and thought they were shit.  Much prefered Mercury Rev, Eminen, and
Iggy Pop who all blew me away!  Radiohead's "Bends" is a beauty of an album
but the rest of their stuff is just wee bit too new n' weird for me.  If
you're into Buddy Guy go and check out Jummy Reed, especially "I'm The Man
Down There", he was also a big influence on Townshend.  The Clash are still
IMHO the best British ROCK band of the '70's (meaning formed in the '70's),
the only stinker on your list for has got to be Kiss.

And also: