Re: nu-CU-lar and GWB

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:17:28 EST, Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 03/24/2002 10:54:50 AM Central Standard Time,
>TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:
>

>> "This is a dangerous world. Too many
>>          people are losing their lives to murderers."
>>                 George "Nu-CU-lar Man" Bush
>>

>This quote is sort of staggeringly obvious, but is pretty typical of the
>vague, generalized statements made by most politicians these days.  Not sure
>why you used it to poke fun at Bush.  And as far as "nu-CU-lar" goes, this
>mispronunciation gets under my skin, as well, but former President Jimmy
>Carter, who I believe had a degree in physics (but as an educated man
>certainly took physics either in high school, college, or both) also
>pronounced the word in this way- over and over and over again.  Bush, I
>think, just mis-spoke... as he is prone to doing.
>
>kevin mc

For what it's worth, John F. Kennedy used to say "nuc-u-lar" also.
I've noticed lots of politicians do that, as well as mispronounce
"social security." It often comes out as "so-sh security" or "so-sal
security."

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org