Re: Half A Who Fan

L. Bird wrote:

>  I love the live "Sister Disco" from this period and of
> course "Eminence Front" and "It's Hard."

I love "Eminence Front, that's all.

>  >Truly, I'm sick of the "Who->'s Next' roster of tunes too.
>
> What does that leave?  A lot of relative obscurities and QUAD?

Only for the casual, greatest hits style of Who-> fan.

These relative obscurities are, for some (me), the very
blood of life, and, not just due to the fact that the
predictable tunes are SO overplayed. There are many
songs by TheWho-> that I much prefer over the "hits"
of "Who->'s Next."

In fact, I don't *really* like Pinball Wizard very much,
and totally dislike the ending when done live.

I don't wanna hear PW, I want to hear Tommy compleat.

I don't want to hear 5:15/Drowned/I'm One, I want to hear
Quadrophenia compleat.

> >Gaby Lester is on this upcoming tour I HOPE????
>
> I think it's Robert Plant.

Wise ass ! ;-)

> >AnEnglishBoy~(tired, just home from my 13th viewing
> >of "The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring,
> >and it's late late late)
>
> Do you think Ian McKellen will get an Oscar for Gandalf?

If he doesn't I will be very surprised! I think he was perfect, in fact,
I think he made Gandalf a more realistic figure than the books did
(which I have read for 31 years, at least once or in many cases more
than one time a year).

AnEnglishBoy~