Re: Glancing very briefly: Sunrise

> Too far for me. :)

Nicole:

At least you get to see them.

> Great stuff, and great choice Mark.

Greg:

Thanks, and thank you (and the others) another time for taking it farther
(and great response so far from everyone!) than just an analysis of the
words. I hope this continues...how the song has effected us, how it fits into
the scheme of the LP...all of it is great. Even to the trashing of the song
(you know who you are, Scott Schade) which I will get to in a moment.

> I just came upon this in doing the "homework" Kevin O'Neal assigned me.
> Even
> on Mardi Gras floats, only one bulb goes in each fixture.

Kevin Mc:

Time to let your dog eat your homework. This isn't helping. Don't explain.
Let it go.

> You're swell.

Kevin O:

Teach, it's time to grade the papers and move on to the next assignment.

> Sounds too cliche' to me.  Taking one's breath away & all.  Not very
> original.

Scott:

So we know you've never met that "her" yet.
Besides, you have to remember the song was written in 1967! You know, the "I
love her, she makes me happy, oooh baby baby I second that emotion" days.

  And what's he saying here?  Was he going to hold his breath

Really...no woman has ever taken your breath away? That's really too bad...it
has happened to me many times. It's better than drugs.

> So she takes his breath away & yet he turns down her love?

No, other love. Other chances, tossed away and into the blue.

> I've never liked this song.  The lyrics or the stodgy melody.  "Tattoo"
> succeeds
> brilliantly where this song wallows in cliche's & sappiness.

We'll get to that one. I intend to bring a new song in every week.

> "Sunshine On My Shoulder" by John Denver is 100 times more stirring.

Oh. You ARE on drugs! I see. Thank god you're a country boy.

> So who sold it to Claritenex?  Pete, or Assembled Multitude?

Keets:

Pete wrote it, but I don't know how these things work. But I do know the AM
version when I hear it.
For extra points, see how much Venus by The Shocking Blue sounds like a Tommy
song.

> the fresh word use in that one?  "It had a snake the size of a sewer pipe
> living in it's rib cage." What the hell was *that* all about?

Jon:

A reference to The Acid Queen scene in the movie Tommy? Or is it the other
way around?

> his Mother?  Of all the people I know (including my husband) I would have
> say that PT has some of the more serious "mother issues" of most of
> them.....

Jacqueline:

That does disturb me. In that case, what "other loves" is he turning down
hoping for his Mum's? And more importantly, do I want to know?

> Anybody else on the list have this condition?

Jon:

I love Zappa, but he ain't no Pete Townshend.

> ps- All roads lead to Trantor!

Billy:

YEAH! Especially if you're George Lucas making a movie about a galactic
empire.

AEB:

Go lightly with Athena, my friend. Who knows what song will be discussed
next? Don't want to use up all the material too fast!

    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
             George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML