Re: Glancing very briefly at the songs I write: Sunrise

In a message dated 3/20/02 8:26:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
schrade@akrobiz.com writes:

> > "Some times I've let myself down
> > My head spinning round
> > My eyes seeing only you
> > The chances I've lost
> > Opportunities tossed away and into the blue"
>
> The simplistic cliche's keep coming:  "...let myself down," "...head
> spinning,"
> "...eyes seeing only you," "...chances...lost."  The last line is OK but it
> can't
> save the stanza.  Hardly fresh word use here.

He more than made up for this in the song Athena.  Have you ever listened to
the fresh word use in that one?  "It had a snake the size of a sewer pipe
living in it's rib cage." What the hell was *that* all about?

I read through the post that you sent and thought "Maybe I don't like Sunrise
after all."

No, not really.  It is gorgeous.

Jon in Mi.