thunderclap newman

I've been listening to Thunderclap Newman's album "Hollywood Dream" quite a
bit lately.  For those of you familiar with the album, a couple questions:
I realize Pete produced the album, but there are moments that it really
sounds like *he* is actually playing the guitar.  The sound is very similar
to Pete's.  I know Jimmy McCulloch was only 16 or 17 when they made the
album, so i imagine he was influenced a lot by Pete.  What i was wondering
was, is anyone familiar w/ any of McCulloch's other work - does it sound as
similar to Pete's style?  I know he played with Wings for awhile, but wasn't
sure what else he did.  I know he died at a young age, also, so i wasn't
sure how much work he did.
And a more straight-forward question... what is the difference between the
album version & single version of "Something In The Air", if there is any?

thanks,
-cpb

"THE" Experience:
http://www.geocities.com/jt_ia/CPB/CPB.html