Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #79

In a message dated 03/14/2002 4:55:02 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> However the point
> lost on Jim and Kevin Mc is that Jeff didn't leave the list because
> anything
> except being sick and tired of ignorant and unthoughtout, reactionary

That doesn't make sense.  We all were having a legitimate debate about
brokers and Jeff made this inane reference to food, clothing, etc being sold
retail just as brokers sold tickets.  He responded to a "stupid" question I
asked, which was "what other industries or products has consumers and
retailers competing to buy things which are scarce in the marketplace."  He
came back with food, clothing, etc.  I simply replied that average consumers
aren't competing with winn dixie or sav a center to buy food products.  These
stores provide the service of buying and transporting goods to a central
location so we don't have to visit a different farmer or manufacturer for
each product we want to buy.  This accounts for the mark-up.  What brokers do
is completely different.  He also ripped into me about not knowing the
definition of wholesale and retail.  I calmly replied by posting the
definition of "wholesaler" from webster's dictionary which stated that it was
someone who sold goods primarily to others who were going to re-sell them.
Ticketmaster nor box offices sell primarily to brokers or scalpers- leaving
them outside even the loosest definition of wholesaler.  My only point was
that my opinion is neither stupid not ignorant nor knee-jerk/reactionary-
just different from Jeff's.  He must have several good friends who are
brokers, or something.  In any event- it certainly isn't a reason to quit the
list- nor to attack another lister personally with no remorse- then post
private e-mail communication on list about that person.

kevin mc