Re:life magazine

In a message dated 03/14/2002 4:55:02 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> >Life Magazine here in the U.S. has a list of the most
> >important performers in rock history. The Who rank at
> >#42. Here's who is ranked over The Who:
>
> I rank Life Magazine at #42 too in my list of favourite magazines. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bjorn

I wasn't aware Life magazine was still being published.  Therefore it does
not make my list of favorite magazines.  Screw all these magazines trying to
rank bands.  OK- objectively the Beatles have to be #1 simply by shere volume
of #1 hits and the fact that they launched the rock n roll genre into the
popular stratosphere, but a great case can be made for The Who as #2.  The
entire stage act of the Who took live rock to an entirely new level and its
effects are still seen today.  In fact, bands today still can't match the
Who's on stage magic even today (when our boys are in their late 50s).  Spin
had them #39 (travesty) and now Life at #42.  The Yardbirds ahead of the Who?
 please.  If one wants to put zepp, stones, CSNY, simon and garf, and hendrix
ahead of the who, i will disagree but respect it.  #42 is a joke.

Kevin Mc