Mark is God/BellBoy in Cincy/The Family

Mark, you are the one true God, has anyone ever told you that?  Somehow,
life ceases to exude wonderment and beauty when you aren't around with the
answers to all of Life's questions.  Without you, truth and honesty are
simply fiction.  How I made it to my 35th year when I missed hearing your
Gospel in my crucial youth, is a question for the ages.  However, I mustn't
dwell on my wayward existance before hearing your Word.  And since you are
the One True Lord, I've decided that I'm becoming an atheist, agnostic, non
believer and heretic.

>However the point lost on Jim and Kevin Mc is that Jeff didn't leave the
list because anything

>except being sick and tired of ignorant and unthoughtout, reactionary

>comments. Jim is so far off base here that he's not even in Colorado

>anymore...

No shit, your Deitiness.  That's why when I originally asked about Jeff, I
said (I thought clearly - obviously your clairvoyance needs to go in for an
oil change) - I hadn't been on the list in weeks and had tons of back
digests to catch up on.  I started reading the newer digests and found that
Jeff had split.  News to me.  NO shit I lost the point - I never heard the
fuckin' point in the first place.  Keets was the only one who offered an
explaination (a new baby) and I also said that I was happy for Jeff in
yesterday's post.  No shit I'm off base; I never got into the game or the
ballpark for that matter.  I asked, Keets supplied info, end of story.
You're right, I'm not in Colorado anymore.  I'm lost in the Church of
Egomaniacs with You as the leader.  Methinks the peasants should revolt
against your iron rule...  And it wasn't Kobeashi Maru, it was Hoboken, NJ.

"Your Highness, the peasants are revolting."

"You're telling me, they stink on ice!"

>Jim:

>Somebody hits you in the face every Saturday night too?

Nah, I'm an old fart, fights lost their appeal years ago.  I used to have
quite a respectable record in street fights for a while there, but some
young Turk took the title away from me in the early 90s.  So no, haven't
been popped in the face in years.  However, after reading silly
conjecture-as-fact posts like yours, the feeling is more like getting
chopped in the balls instead of a punch in the face.

>Besides I wonder why he waited until Jeff was gone to complain...I wish him

>no ill will, but I have to wonder.

This is why you are God.  A brilliant example of your talents:  A snide
insinuation followed by hollow well wishing.  Wish me no ill will indeed...
For an answer to your pious question you can browse up a paragraph or two,
use your Godlike clairvoyance (post repairs), or open your fuckin' eyes and
read this said statement yet one more time:  I WAS GONE FOR TWO AND ONE HALF
WEEKS.  I DID NOT KNOW JEFF LEFT UNTIL I CAUGHT UP WITH THE DIGESTS.  WHEN I
SAW THAT JEFF HAD SPLIT, I ASKED WHY.  Now.  Why would you call my asking
what happened to Jeff, "complaining"?  As in your direct quote:  "...I
wonder why he waited until Jeff was gone to complain..."  Who's complaining?
Before Keets was kind enough to tell me Jeff had more personal business to
take care of, I said (and I stand by it) that Jeff was being a big baby if
he couldn't take it.  I stand corrected thanks to Keets, but I don't
remember complaining about anything else - excepting your all knowing
superior godlike answers to everyting without mentioning or referring to the
facts.  Was that too much of a run-on sentence or did you get the point?  I
can edit it down so you don't get confused if that helps.  I do give you the
respect of being a deity, but I can imagine that it's very hard juggling the
world's problems AND following the Who simultaneously.  If you need further
clarification, please ask.

And I wish you no ill will either my liberal, omnipotent Lord.  Actually,
despite any apparent venom in my above responses, I honestly enjoy vollying
back and forth with you most of all.  For someone who spreads the Liberal
Gospel in all of it's open minded, tolerant glory, you are conversely the
biggest hypocrite I've ever met.  Since I'm a chump for irony, I can't help
but love you.  You feed my fodder on a daily basis, and for that, I am
grateful.  Please don't take anything on a personal level because I'm sure
when God-time is over and you punch out for the day, you can be a pleasant
dude to hang out with and a nice vengeful god when you're in a good mood.

Bell-Rob in Cincy - (gotta get runnin' now?)

>Ahh, thanks Jim. Glad that Colorado air hasn't tainted the old Windy City
wit.

Rob ya old dog, how's it going?  Haven't seen you out here in a while, good
to have you back.  You know how the saying goes, you can take the punk off
the streets, but you can't take the streets out of the punk.  But it's much
windier here in Colo; go figure.  And I haven't seen a single drive-by
either.  I haven't had to duck from crossfire yet and EVERYONE owns a gun
here.  Again, go figure...  Nice to see you're back in the saddle again -
give us some of that Cincy wit too; we could use it on the list now probably
more than ever.

Jon -

>I think that was me, Jon, not Jeff.

>Jon in Mi.

I do remember our off list discussion at the same time, but I wasn't
confusing you with Jeff.  There were several folks including you (remember
the banter; I had pressed some buttons on that one) and like I said before,
I can't PROVE that it was Jeff since I deleted everything that same day, but
dammit, I talked to a "Jeff" who basically did the same thing Kev said
happened to him.  Coincidence...?  Maybe all those shrooms I took in the 80s
are coming back to haunt me, I don't know.

>Jimmy, did they accept you? (snip) Did you find anything that fits inside
of you

>yet? Are you through with all of your trying? Now that I finally have your

>attention, here is the Real thing. Me.

>Jon in Mi.

Did who accept me?  "Fits inside me"?!?  What the hell kind of question is
that?  You know, you have one questionable relationship with a gerbil, and
you're labeled for life!  Well the answer is No.  Not even the Habit-trail
fit in there so yes, I am through trying.  Oh!  Are you talking about Jimmy
Cooper???  Sorry, my fault...

Finally, an intriguing question is rising from the smoldering wreckage that
was Bjorn and his relationship with the Digest.  Family.  Are we family?
Hmmmmm...  Funny how things swing back in reference, but didn't Chuck Manson
have a Family too?  A lot of wild hippiness before things took a homicidal
turn for their family.  What about the Corleone Family?  Should we kill
Bjorn and Jeff just like they did Fredo?  You guys want to go fishing?
Nahhhh... I don't live in Chicago anymore.  Like anything else I guess, the
word "family" can take on many different meanings.  I think I'll just keep
things in perspective and exchange banter and ideas and such with you folks
here, and keep family business in my family.  I don't make enough money to
buy you each Christmas presents every year.

Peace off...

Jim in Colo Springs

"Baravelli, you've got the brain of a four year old boy, and I bet he was
glad to get rid of it."  Groucho Marx