Big Picture

Hey,

I know this is my third post in one day, but go with it for a minute

Like many people I discovered Nick Drake's music about 2 years ago
on the Summer TV show "Young Americans", and later on the Volkswagon
commercial which features his song "Ping Moon".  I am mildly-obsessed
with trying to play his music myself, and am marveling at the tuning he uses.

In his much too short life and career, Nick managed to explore very dark
places and created a unique genre that I believe is remarkably original.  He
accidentally overdosed on anti-depressants in I believe 1974.    After reading
the following link about his life I discovered how bummed-out he was, and
how intense and sad his lyrics are.   Take a look if you're interested.

http://www.futuris.net/linen/feature/42drake.html

As I make this little diversion away from The Who, I am reminded that we
are very lucky that TED are still alive, willing and able to perform for us.
I am further reminded at how incredibly rare a person like Pete Townshend is.
Often the people with great powers of observation rarely have the ability or
willingness to share their observations.

So in closing, I'll add a lyric to "Face the face".  Let's treasure the
treasure,
cause the time's the time.

Joe in Philly