Re: And the bread bakes on............

>I don't remember brokers in the 70s or 80s.  Was there some loophole in the
>law that was suddenly recognized in the 90s & taken advantage of?  Or were
>existing laws changed or modified at some point allowing the brokers to
>step in?

I don't think it's any loophole--more likely a successful lobby.  Without
brokers, how are government officials to get their up-front sports tix?  ;)

Also, like Alan said, municipalities charge a tax in the form of business
licenses.  Florida is now planning to add a sales tax to sports tix, and
maybe concert tix as well.  I gather that sales have held strong, regardless
of the recent economic crunch.