Re: Ticket terrorists & Forgiveness

> It's just a legal term (good ol liberal arts education don't cha know) for

Kevin:

Oh, if I'd known we were going to start speaking "legalese" I would have
brought my lawyer.

> confusing that with the fact that once I realized I couldn't get good
> seats,
> I *chose* to wait and see what happend..like pray for a better ticket
> release or something.

Well, as they say...you snooze, you lose. You should have gotten the tickets
you could and then tried for better...then scalped the first tickets. Oh,
that's right...that would be a bad thing, wouldn't it?

> I was harmed in that I didn't even have the *opportunity* to grab the good
> seats that were advertised at a given price.

If so, by your own admission (Councilor), you CHOOSE the harm knowingly.

> And, you're assuming the venues "do" something.

They do. They provide a place for a concert. The venue had to be build,
presumably financed to be built, dealt with the local zoning and permits and
people-who-don't-want-a-Rock-concert-near-their-house, provide vendors, and
then HOPE they can recoup their investment.

> I'm having trouble understanding why this view of wanting equal opportunity
> is being met with such frustration and condemnation.

It's a nice thing to wish for, but then reality sets in. It's never been true
(AFAIK) in human history.
And then, what is "fair?" Fair to one might not be fair to someone
else...see?

> I still haven't heard a reason why it's ok to outlaw scalping, yet brokerage
> is ok.
> I see no difference.

I don't see why marijuana is illegal when it's about as harmful as an aspirin
whereas alcohol is perfectly legal in all 50 states and all territories and
even the "51st state" of Afghanistan while being the second largest factor in
death in the US. But I know why: money. Scalpers cannot be controlled;
presumably brokers are taxed and accountable like any other business.
You want to know why something exists (or isn't allowed): follow the money!

> I'm just trying to understand.  Really.

Open a business. It'll get real clear real quick.

...that brokers do take tickets away from legitimate fans, which the fans

Kevin Mc:

We were talking about creating a shortage and then taking advantage of it.

> could otherwise get at face value.  I simply don't believe that what
> brokers
> do is fair to average consumers.

You have a right to your opinion. I don't believe it's fair that marijuana is
illegal either. Now what?

> Look- i never intended for jeff to leave

That's true. Actually at this point I don't believe there is a way to get him
to come back no matter who it is. For a while, at least...hopefully.

      ''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe
            and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
                          George "I know what I mean" Bush

                      Cheers                        ML