wrong

In a message dated 03/05/2002 2:55:21 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > Brokers serve ABSOLUTELY not commercial service to anyone except
> > themselves.
>
> If that was true, then no one would buy from them. That's called "the free
> market." You should try it sometime.

Not true, when most average concert goers are unable to get the seats they
want because the brokers have swiped most of them, and are forced to pay
brokers' mark-ups if they want them.  This has nothing to do with free
markets, it's about FAIRNESS of competition.  The average ticket buyer is not
on a level playing field with a broker who may have several or more people
working to obtain tix- either camping at the box office or special deals with
venues and/or TM.  I simply don't believe a person who wants to go to the
show should have to compete with brokers who are only out to make a buck off
the finite nature of concert tix.  Let fans compete with each other for
seats.  If a person orders tickets beforehand with a broker and then the
broker goes and obtains the tickets for a fee- there is no problem in my
mind.  It is when brokers advertize the tickets they have after reducing the
number available to consumers at the retail price.  I believe there is
something inherently wrong with this.

kevin mc