Re: 30 Years DVD

> All the discussion about the withdrawl of the '30 years' DVD reminded me
> that my DVD is in fact defective, and I never sent it back. In the middle
> of
> the Charlton concert footage (I think), it freezes, then stops. I have to
> skip past that song, then back up into it so see most of it.

Gern:

Certainly try playing it on another machine, but take a good close look at
the play side of disc. If there is a scratch (or many), that's probably your
problem. Also hold it up to a bright light and look for light coming through,
so-called "pinholes." If this is the case, you can try putting whiteout over
them on the top side (written-on) side. Sometimes that works, if the holes
aren't too big.
If scratches are your problem, you may be able to get it repaired locally,
but if not contact me privately. I have a repair machine at my store.
And whatever you do, DO NOT use one of those Spin Doctor repair machines.
They often make it worse.

> Besides, the RIAA already collects a "royalty" for
> blank CDRs, and blank cassettes, regardless of what
> the blank media is actually used for.

Lee:

That's only for "music" blanks. The computer CDR has no such added tax.
That's why they cost much less.

    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
             George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML