RE:Clear Channel / SFX ....look at the size of this.........

>Hope all of you find it as interesting as I did, the two main point for me
>being the fact that BLANK cd-r's now out sell pre-recorded ones and of
>course the bit on my favourite (not) company, Clearchannel.

A sign that the Internet is now beating out radio or cd stores for
distribution?  Likely so.  There was a comment to this effect during the
Grammy after-show, too.  I'm glad someone if finally noticing.  You get
really tired of hearing the same ten songs rotated on your favorite radio
station every day.

I started to send in a post last week about a late night PBS show on the
movie market (but really I hated to interrupt the broker thread ;).  They
were saying that distribution is the big problem there, too.  It possible
for independent producers and directors to get their movies made, but the
only place to see them onscreen is at film festivals.  Theaters are either
in pursuit of the week-end box office smash, or else they're tied up by
contracts/deals with the major studios until they can't/won't take your
movie.  The result is the same as in the music business, a slew of films
aimed at thirteen-year-olds.

The movie business went through this same process back in the eighties, when
they drove 60 percent of potential veiwers out of theaters completely with
excessively violent movies.  You'd think they'd have learned something about
focusing their products too tightly.

keets