Ronnie Lane Memorial Event (& the last Steve Marriott one)

Hi,

I just read this:

http://www.humble-pie.org.uk/newsroom.htm
July (2001): Marriott Memorial Gig. The Marriott memorial concert has now
been mixed and will be edited down for release on Nice Records sometime
around Christmas. John Hellier is involved with
a documentary which is being shot around the gig. It will include
interviews with key players plus good footage and will be broadcast on TV
later in the year.
There are also tentative plans for a Ronnie Lane memorial event to be held
in the West end of London late next year.

Interesting; Rabbit and Zak Starkey featured in the Marriott event and
Roger Daltrey was scheduled to appear (but sadly didn't). Still, it was one
of the best shows I ever attended. First time I really heard "Humble Pie"
(new formation with Clem *AND* Frampton). Their live sound was amazing! The
guitar dueling solo's was awesome! It certainly ranks in my own personal
top 10 of live performances. They blasted me away. So it's good to see this
coming to a release (I HOPE), because the release date was set Christmas
2001...

And a Ronnie Lane memorial event held in the west end? Interesting... But I
hope they pick the Astoria again, and excellent venue for something like
this, IMO. Big enough stage for all the artists. And for the rest it's just
a small messy concert hall.
It would be nice to see Pete appear there and do something like "Heart to
hang on to" (HE SHOULD!).

Ah, wouldn't it be nice?

Bjorn