even further frustrated

In a message dated 03/02/2002 8:24:18 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I'm afraid I didn't understand him again.
> If a person buys something and consumes it or holds it for their own
> purposes, they are buying retail.  If they buy it to sell to others, they
> are buying wholesale.  That is the definitions of the terms.  I don't see
> wholesale buyers (or retail sellers) as evil or unfair.
>
> Ticket Brokers do not buy retail.  They are brokers.  They buy to sell.
> That is what brokers do.  I guess this is the problem I'm having
> understanding Kevin:  He's using words that do not read (to me) like the
> thoughts in his head.  I am sure he's got a rational opinion in there
> somewhere.

Simply to buy something in order to sell it does not, by itself, make it
wholesale buying.  If it is bought at a retail store, it is retail,
regardless of whether someone wants to re-sell what they have bought.  Just
becaue I go to a gas station during an oil embargo and buy as much of it as i
can so i can re-sell it and make a profit doesn't make my buying it
"wholesale" buying all of a sudden.  Wholesale is when products are sold with
the intention of having the buyers re-sell it and are therefor less expensive
than retail prices.  If concert promoters and TM intended tickets to be sold
wholesale, they would all be sold to brokers and we would all have to pay
their prices.  This is not the cae, however.  Average consumers are not
really able to buy wholesale, such as from farms, factories, etc.  It
certainly wouldn't be cost effective for them to do it- nor could farmers or
factories afford to rely on having to sell products to individual consumers
without creating their own retail outlets, which cost money and would drive
up prices to what other retailers would charge anyway.  Try to get this:
RETAIL OUTLETS AND INDIVIDUAL CONSUMERS ARE NOT COMPETING WITH EACH OTHER TO
BUY PRODUCTS IN INDUSTRIES OTHER THAN TICKET SALES!!!  That is what sets this
apart from the brokers argument.  You don't have to agree with me on the
legitimacy of scalping.. sorry, "brokering," but my opinion is logical and
legitimate- it's just not the same opinion as yours.  Others on the list have
agreed with me and disagreed- but they seem to grasp my point.  I hope this
clears it up.

kevin mc