man- this is frustrating

In a message dated 03/02/2002 8:24:18 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> From: Sroundtable@aol.com
> "Can you name another product that is sold retail to consumers AND others
> who try to re-sell the products for more than they paid?  I can't think of
> one- which is why this industry's consumers need protection from scalping."
>
> Are you familiar with the concepts of wholesale and retail?
>
> Try food, clothing, water, beverages, stocks, bonds, currency, cocaine,
> sex,
> medical services (HMOs), hotel rooms, real estate ...

The manufacturers aren't selling straight to consumers wholesale.  We don't
go straight to farmers and buy produce.  The extra money we pay to retailers
is so we can buy all these products in a few central places (stores i believe
they're called).  The tickets sold to concerts aren't wholesale products,
inherently, because the intent is to sell them directly to consumers.  By the
way, i've never heard of wholesale vs retail hotel rooms.  The owners of
hotels rent the rooms for a price.  Noy sure where your wholesale comes in-
unless you are referring to actually buying hotels themselves.  By nature,
hotel rooms are retail products for rent.  There is NO competition between
consumers and retailers to buy wholesale products- unlike the competition
between consumers and brokers.  You've made a poor argument here, IMHO.

kevin mc