Re: are you getting it?

>From: "Jeff House"
>Are you familiar with the concepts of wholesale and retail?
>
>Try food, clothing, water, beverages, stocks, bonds, currency, >cocaine,
sex,
>medical services (HMOs), hotel rooms, real estate ...

Kevin O:  "Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...
You are comparing apples and oranges here."

I was not comparing.  I was answering a question posed by Mr Mc.
BTW, contrary to the cliche - there is such a thing as a stupid question.

"Wholesalers do not have the distribution means to get goods to individual
consumers....hence the *need* and very good service of retailers who spend
money to set up distribution centers (grocery stores).  This is clearly
justification for retailers to increase pricing to retail levels."

That's one way to look at it.

"BUT, TM is already retail!  They have distribution centers, and now with
the web, have distribution centers right in just about everyone's home."

Quite true.  You seem to be sticking with the assumption that all brokers
are buying all tickets from TM.  Even if they are, they must have some
techniques or contacts that allow them to lay their greedy hands on the
great seats, right?

"So, please tell me what service it is that brokers for tix are
providing???"

They are able to get the best seats.  The seats *you* want.

"Kevin Mc and me in an alliance......
See, anything is possible."

As Mark pointed out, I don't thing the two of you agree about the solution
to your shared dislike of brokers.  I have no problem with your solution -
not doing business with them.  I have a problem with legislating them out of
business.

"Kevin Mc, you owe me one good punch in your face."

Can I watch?

Jeff