For a friend

I'm afraid that everyone has been more articulate than I could be. I just can't compose anything, so the least I can do is pass on what a friend asked me to:

Hi. Please regard this as a note of thanks for everyone involved in the
lists. I've been a lurker for a very long time. I've always enjoyed reading
the lists immensely. They became even more important after I heard the news
of John's death. A friend called me Friday morning with the news. At first I
thought it was just some kind of sick joke. Then my friend persuaded me to
turn on the TV. There was this little news update about John having passed
away. The first thought that came into my head was 'I have to get online'.
Over the past few days the internet has become a source of solace. It helped
so much to know that a lot of other people have the same feelings of
tremendous loss, sadness and confusion. I don't have any Who fans in my
circle of acquaintances. (Where are you New York Who fans?) So no one quite
understood why I was crying over the death of someone I only met once in my
life. That's why I'd like to thank everyone involved, the list maintainers
and the contributors. Thanks for doing what you do. It means a lot to me.

Tanya

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://kathy.hispeed.com/index.html