Who is crass? (Response to Toronto Sun article)

Mr. Kryk,

Here are some misstatements of fact in your recent tirade in The Toronto Sun:

"Daltrey and Townshend are calling Monday's show "a tribute to John Entwistle."

In fact Townshend has said this is not a tribute.
"Entwistle's body presumably won't even be buried or cremated when..."

I see no evidence that your presumption is relative to anything. What are the facts? I guess you don't need those when you have the gift of presumption.

"After calling it quits in 1982, Daltrey, Townshend and Entwistle expressed regrets about the decision to continue after Moon's death, saying the band had died along with their flamboyant drummer.

Those feelings were fleeting."

So what? All feelings are fleeting, except when you attempt to objectify the human who is feeling them.

And while we're at it, what is it about this huge business endeavor (a multi-million $ tour, with employees and customers) that makes you think it should not continue in the face of severe hardship? If this were a service that you needed, would you feel the same? What if this tour was your employer, would you want the project to end if one of the primary participants died?

Oh, that's right. You are a sanctimonious leech. I almost forgot that for a moment.

Jeff House
Plymouth, MA, USA