Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #183

As mentioned here, Stuart Adamson, the leader of Big Country, went
missing
last November and was finally found hanged in a Hawaii hotel in
December. On
May 30th the remaining band members, management, family and friends had
Memorial concert in Glasgow Scotland with an all-star cast

Having The Who continue now is a great way to have numerous 'memorial'
concerts that everyone can begin the healing process. I am a bit
surprised at
the timing (ie starting Monday) but the sooner probably the better.

Bill:

I agree...I said in my first note that I hoped Roger and Pete would find a way to go on. But as you say yourself, and as seen by the BC tribute, the problem is the timing. Even with the stand-in bass player waiting in the wings, they could have easily rescheduled the first leg of the tour.

See you at HoB

Great! An unexpected bonus! Anyone else here going to be at the Simon show (beside you, Jeff, and Lela)?

If they wait, they'll lose their momentum.

Keets:

Or establish a sense of dignity and respect. Maybe dignity's not right for The Who? I don't know. I used to know, or at least I thought I did.

If they're going on Monday, they need somebody who can play the music
right now.

See what I wrote above.

right chemistry.  It will be the same with a bass player.

Butler is the right choice. I'm telling ya.

The last couple of days have been like a trip to the twilight zone.

Tom:

Absol-effin-lutely!

Because Roger and Pete work well together.  Because they are good at
it.

Jeff:

I said "the band." Pete and Roger are not the band called The Who. With Pino they will not be The Who. With John they were. IMHO. If the band we called The Who ended here and now, it would not be a bad thing. IMHO.

My guess is that you miss The Who.  It hurts.

Damn, does it hurt! I'm sick with the pain.

particulars of the situation.  How do these guys feel about each other?

Doesn't matter. Civilization is a set of standards which keep us from killing each other. Respect for another human, especially one who has so much to do with one's own success or even life, is a part of that. Even if you hate `em.

I'm more excited now to meet up with my fellow fans.  I feel closer to
you

Yeah, that's something else again. People who share a tragedy. Hey, I was coming to Boston regardless of the tour. To see you, Lela, Kevin, and hopefully able to turn it into a mini Whofest for those close enough to get there or already committed to coming. But that has nothing to do with the tour.

I'll be there at the show. It's just that when they play my cheeks will be wet for a different reason, now.

                            Cheers             ML