AMEN, keets!!!!!

In a message dated 06/28/2002 7:45:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> What should they do?  Sit on their butts and cry?  Let them work the hurt
> and anger off the way they want to.  If it was me, I'd go crazy sitting in
> hotel room with that going on.
>
> keets

Keets, you and I generally think alike (sorry if you are not comfortable with
that).  Everyone deals with grief in different ways.  Some people mope and
weep for long periods and others do it by working through it, doing what they
love.  John was all about the music, so what better tribute to him than
playing?  Did anyone ever think that this may not be entirely their choice?
How much pressure do you think was on them to continue this tour in some form
or fashion from promoters and sponsors who stand to lose tremendous sums if
the tour was cancelled?  I hope this was of little concern, because if it was
then Pete will be terrible (and who could blame him).  I think this decision
also says a lot for zak and rabbit and whether they are who members or not.
If they were not true members of the band, this tour would not continue.  The
focus now falls on pete, rog, and zak.  Palladino and simon will stand far to
the rear and let these 3 stars do their thing and work through john's
absence.  The Who was never the same w/o keith, and will never be the same
w/o john... but let's reserve judgement as to whether they can still be the
who.

kevin mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971