Re: TD

In a message dated 6/28/02 8:37:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kevinandt@surfglobal.net writes:

> "Pete and Rog"
> It's just them now.

I have a feeling that out of all of this pain and loss will come the "John
Entwistle" tour.  I was shocked when my coworkers who are much younger than
me wore black in honor of my love for The Who and discussed the new things
that they heard about the OX in all of the interviews that were on the radio
all day.  They had no idea how funny he was or how important a bass player
the quiet one really was. They were totally entertained listening to his
stories.

He is officially a legend now to the general public. The Who is everywhere in
every form of media right at the outset of their tour.  There is no way that
John would have ever gotten his due in general society if he hadn't gone out
this way.  Pete and Roger HAVE to go on.  They will never be in this position
again. Every concert is going to be a John Entwistle memorial celebration.

I am not making light of his death in any way here.  I know death firsthand.
(My mother died at 31 and my sister was killed when she was 21).  I just
respect the leaders of the group and trust that they are doing what The Who
has always done. I do not for a second believe that money has anything to do
with it now.  Not with Pete and Rog.

Thank You all for your healing posts

Jon in Mi