Re: Tour MUST be cancelled

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:42:19 EDT, TYMPANON@aol.comwrote:

>pkeets@hotmail.com,re:
>

>> What should they do?  Sit on their butts and cry?  Let them work the hurt
>> and anger off the way they want to.  If it was me, I'd go crazy sitting in
>> hotel room with that going on.
>>
>> keets
>>

>1. Remember John & his family.

I would assume that Pete and Roger consulted with John's family before
making this decision.

>2. Come home to England and think about your future.

I don't think any of us should be telling Roger and Pete how to mourn
and grieve their loss. They knew John far better than any of us here
did, and I'm sure they took into consideration what they believe he
would have wanted.

>3. If you think there's a future, do something about this future Pete & Rog
>
>- New band mates ?
>
>- New material ?
>
>- New Tour
>
>- R.I.P. Who ?
>
>4. Go on tour a year later earliest (if at all).
>
>That's a respectful behaviour and it's a LOT to do.

You have no right to lecture to them about what is and is not
respectful. You don't know them and what they consider appropriate
among themselves or not.

As far as I'm concerned, I was prepared to respect and support
whatever decision they made. For as much sorrow and pain we fans are
going through, it's a zillion times worse for Pete and Roger.

Whether it's this summer (as it seems to be now) or next year or
whenever, this most likely really *is* the last time to see at least
part of the Who performing Who songs onstage together.

I think that it's time for the bitching and complaining to stop, and
to just support Pete and Roger in what has to be one of the most
difficult times in their lives. I know that they were here for us when
my city was hurting, so now I'll be there to show support when they're
hurting.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org