Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #179

I am so bummed. I can't even believe this happened the eve of their tour.
THIS SUCKS!!!!

<<We have gotten more from The Who...the greatest Rock band that ever walked
the face of the Earth...than most music fans get from their bands. Wish it
had been more, but it could have been a Hell of a lot less. And they went out
on a high note>>

This is so very true. I am so grateful that being 24 yrs old that I got to
see them play 3 times. And how ironic that the last time I saw them was June
27, 2000 in Detroit. 2 years to the day.....but it was a great show and all I
keep thinking about was OX's kick-ass solo on 5:15. At least I have it on
tape. And its strange because I had 10th row and I kept telling my mom that
this might be the last time I will ever see them. Isn't that wierd that I
would think that????  The CFNY was their last and boy was it amazing. They
showed all those other acts how its really done. They were polished, rocked
out, and didn't look old doing it. I hope VH1 and MTV do some kind of tribute
to the best bassist in rock - he deserves it!!!

Roger, Pete, Zak, etc. our prayers are with you. We love you guys!!!

Gloria in Michigan

PS - I too feel for all the teenagers that will never get to see them live
again. Because it is an experience that all rock fans should get to have.