John

They keep saying on the news how a new generation of young people will be
deprived of the joys of knowing the live performance of The Who.  I grieve
for them.  My thoughts turn to one of my best friend's daughters..after my
friend (a casual fan) and I saw The Who together in Atlanta two years ago
she went out and bought Who CDs so she could relive the music.  Her daughter
heard all these CDs, too.  Soon the daughter was asking if she could borrow
my videos about The Who.wanting to know more.  She wears the t-shirt her
mother bought for herself at the show..She loves The Who.  When her mother
told her she could go with us to see them if they came to Atlanta this tour,
she was so excited.  SHE LOVES THE WHO..SHE IS 13 YEARS OLD. A new
generation indeed. I grieve that she will never get that chance.

I grieve for myself.I have lost something that I have spend the better part
of 33 years loving..you see, I discovered them at age 7, thanks to an older
brother who turned me on to Tommy, and have been a bona fide fanatic since
age 13 or 14.  Something that was one of the biggest parts of my life is
gone.  It won't be back.

I think about Roger and Pete.besides the obvious initial shock and the loss
of a friend, what must it feel like to know that you'll probably never sing
another Who song on stage again?

Lastly, I grieve for Queenie.  I cannot imagine the pain of having a child
go before you.  Queenie - I pray you find peace, though I know it won't be.
Just a little prayer from this mother who named her first born son Alec
because she loved your son so..

Carol Z.