Re: show opener

In a message dated 06/25/2002 12:05:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > How about this: they opened with WAY at CFNYC and it was pretty damn
> > exciting, IMHO
>
> No, they won't open with WAY.  That's a middle-of-the-set song.  The only
> reason they opened with it at CFNYC was because they were only playing a
> 4-song set.

I realize both of these things, but I was just making a suggestion.  It would
be a cool opener, IMHO.  It worked well at CFNY.  The synth could start in
the dark and the crowd would go crazy, then the lights come up on, "I woke in
a soho doorway..."  just a thought.

> > I don't think MG would be a good choice since they like to improvise and
> > jam with it so much, often going over 10 min.
>
> Well, they'd cut out the jam/improve part......a la' the '82 tour.  It
> would be the
> 3-minute MG.

But I don't wanna have the jam cut!!  :)

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971