Re: football stadiums

In a message dated 06/21/2002 6:58:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> << Ummm, not the way this tour has been promoted.  None of the West Coast
> shows
> are currently sold out other than Vegas (in a 2,000 seat venue), and
> tickets
> remain even for many east coast shows.   >>
>
> Here are the details for ticket sales approx at the beginning of this
> month,
> all looks pretty good to me,  the venues of course dont include any added
> recently for fourth leg.

My comment was made in response to a line in an article about the Who being
able to sellout football stadiums.  They obviously, w/their current level of
promotion, can't achieve this based on sales so far.  I'm actually surprised
more people aren't going to the show in Marysville, CA on July 4.  Fireworks
have got to be on tap for that one, as well as Shoreline, and I can't think
of a better way to spend July 4th.  Maybe people don't want to see a British
band on the 4th, but that type of thinking sure is ludicrous.  I'm going to
probably get stuck with full price seats when I could have gotten better for
less $$.  I have 2 excellent seats for this show, sec 102, row 11, and will
sell for considerably less than I paid if anyone is interested or knows
anyone who is.  I paid $361 w/all charges included, and I will sell both for
$180.

kevin mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971