Johnny Apple Who

So I find myself in Cooperstown, NY this weekend to see the In-laws as they
visit this part of the country to send my wife's 10 yo nephew to Baseball
dream camp.
While there, we stop in to eat at "Jalepenio Baseball" (everything is
Baseball something), place our orders for huge burrito's and then claim a
table or two.
Within minutes BOR starts to play over the speakers.  Expecting the usual
"hey Kevin, someone knew you were coming" wise cracks, I quickly raised my
eyebrows and grin acknowledging the tune.  The Who didn't stop after Baba.
It turned out that the guy behind the counter had placed Who's Next Reissue
into the CD player.
Ahhhh, lunch with the In Laws, made tolerable only by The Who.
Well, as the music continues, those wise cracks I was trying to avoid began.
Feeling a bit like "you guys just don't understand", and also feeling
empowered by memories of the ever preaching Billy (aka Magic) and also the
ever fan approaching Schrade, I decided to go have a chat with the dude
behind the counter responsible for my Who Lunch.
It turns out this young fan actually skipped his High School graduation to
attend one of the shows on the 2000 tour, and was madly trying to get enough
time off and $$ together to go to one of the MSG shows.  I gave him the
addresses to igtc and O&S so that he could keep an eye open for extra
tickets, etc..  I also alerted him to Pete's site being back up, complete
with rehearsal videos and diary entries.  He was psyched.  To top it off,
feeling particularly generous that day, I gave the lad my cassette copy of
Filmore East '68 that I had with me.  This tape was given to me by Schade
some time ago, and had Tommy rehearsals on the flip side as well.  The look
of bewilderment in his eyes as he read over the titles and tracks was
priceless.  But, not as priceless as giving my In-laws a glimpse into what
being a Who fan is really all about.

Spread the word.

Kevin in VT
(Hey Schrade, can ya by chance replace that tape for me? ;-)