Who video

>I would not kick these videos out of my house, but from what little I've
seen they are quite crude when compared to all the other stuff I saw on VH1C
last weekend. Context is everything.

Jeff (aka Buck L. Berryferry):

Then you have to consider the state of music on television at the time they were made. In the US, we had a bunch of professional dancers dancing to the most popular song...no matter the kind of music...and occiasionally a band or singer lip-synching and playing instruments which had no amplifers. That was American Bandstand, Shindig, Hallabaloo (sp?), and (believe it or not) Hootananny. Compared to these, BC had special effects. Besides, I just love watching Keith trying to do something with himself while waiting to lip-synch Pete's voice on Tommy's Holiday Camp. Priceless. Or Roger sneaking in "the finger" during the Swedish show. If anyone doubts they were Punks, Pop TV will put them to rest.

>kind of like demos for later stuff. Intersting, entertaining, but not
particularly kick-ass when compared to later productions.

So you don't like the primitive My Generation because they later did Quadrophenia? Believe me, you'll like these videos more after you've seen the entire set, rather than the few offered up in TKAA.

>Fun happens when you put all these together.

You forgot "archive." Some of us are driven to archive the career of our heroes, and it's particularly hard for me because I feel I should own a "complete Rock collection." Which is why I ended up owning a music store...it's about the only way to do it unless you're Bill Gates.
  "Do you have blacks, too?"        George "boy genius" Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso                     Cheers               ML