Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #162

It was recently noted on this list that the black & white Tommy videos were from the German TV broadcast, Beat Club. Interesting this comes up now, as I've just gotten a capture card and started transferring my rare Who video to Video CD. I would like to be able to trade these for more good quality video, as well as allowing those who don't have it to get it and those who do to get it to a digital format for repeated viewings without losing any quality. My first project was Pop TV (from a Swedish TV show, 1966) coupled with Beat Club (1969). Both are lip synched B&W video, and both are state of the art given the timeperiods involved. I noticed someone said the videos weren't very good; nothing could be further from the truth. Both shows provide fascinating viewpoints of The Who, and there is nothing by any band better than this available. It's not like there was an MTV back then...we were lucky to get ANYTHING, and the Beat Club videos at least show some imagination and special effects. Both shows are well worth owning for any Who fan. So if anyone has any (good quality!) Who videos, live or otherwise, please get in touch and we'll get the process started.

In the meantime, I am still working on quad Quad. Still haven't found a way to make it 5.1, but I'm speaking to a local recording studio about it now.
   "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
      president, or that we are to stand by the president
       right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
         but is morally treasonable to the American public."
                            Theodore Roosevelt
               Cheers                 ML