Re: New Daltrey VH1 interview

> After watching some of his intros and outros on VH1 Classic this weekend,
> I'm also left with the impression that he has developed his ego by
> impersonating Pete Townshend.  Sometimes it works.  Somtimes not so much.

I've noticed this, too, throughout the years.  You're right, sometimes Daltrey
will try to pontificate about the meaning of Rock & Roll, & you can just tell
he's attempting to sound like Pete in both his phrasing & choice of words.

You're wrong, however, in saying that Daltrey's ego consists solely of imitat-
ing, or mimicking, opinions & philosophies of Pete.  They both have moments
were they draw the line, & vehemently & publicly disagree with one another.
Daltrey's not completely the "yes-man" you make him out to be.

> I'm with you, John.  I would prefer that Roger keep his thoughts to himself.
> He does not give me a 'warm and fuzzy'.  Keep singing and twirling Rog!!!

Buck, I'm officially profiling you, fairly or unfairly, as one of "those people"
who have issues with Roger & can't fully appreciate his powerful & meaning-
ful importance within The Who.  Someday, the truth shall set you free.  And
your eyes will be opened.  And ye shall finally see.  I recommend jogging
in place during that one part of "Who Are You."  That's a great way to chan-
nel the power of Daltrey.  Be careful, though.  Once acquired, it's tempting
to abuse that power.

- SCHRADE in Akron